RN to BSN: Online Competency-based Degree Program
Offered through the School of Nursing and Allied Health, HBU's fully online RN-to-BSN program allows registered nurses to earn their BSN degree without having to travel to class. This program follows in the tradition of HBU's reputation of building rigorous nursing programs and producing highly-qualified nurses. The new degree program is affordable, convenient and allows RNs the opportunity to receive credit for their prior knowledge and experience.
WHY CHOOSE HBU's RN to BSN:
- Affordable - many local hospitals have established tuition discounts; check with your employer to see if there is an agreement in place
- Convenient - 100% online program means you don't have to go to campus to take classes
- Credit for Prior Learning - your experience counts; you may be able to test out of certain coursework
- Self-paced - the competency-based approach allows you to progress at your own pace
- Personalized Support - Right from the start, you are paired up a success coach who will connect you to helpful resources and help you build a personal plan for success
- Real-time Feedback - You will meet one-on-one with your instructors and success coaches who will provide you with real-time, personalized feedback and encouragement
- Program Quality - By earning your degree from HBU, one of the top-ranked universities in the region you will have access to their strong and rigorous BSN academic program and instructors
- Unencumbered Texas RN License
- Resident of Texas
- Previous ADN degree completion* with a GPA of 3.0+
- ADN science course 3.0+ GPA
*Students with an ADN and a GPA of 2.5-2.9 will be provisionally accepted and must achieve specific grades based on the first two courses taken.
Houston Baptist University's School of Nursing and Allied Health trains the nurses and health care professionals that care for the well-being of our communities. The school is highly regarded by healthcare employers throughout Texas. HBU has partnered with many of the local hospitals throughout Houston to provide RNs discounts when they enroll in the accredited, competency based fully online RN-to-BSN program. Because the program is self-paced and fully online it is a great way for working RNs who are juggling family and work responsibilities to find the time to complete their BSN degree. The degree program is competency-based, meaning students graduate having demonstrated the skills and competencies that have been identified as critical to Houston-area healthcare employers.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
- Fully accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Colleges
- Competency-based; aligned with feedback from Houston's largest hospitals
- One-on-one student support from instructors and success coaches
- Next generation technology and simulations a hallmark of the program
- Maximum credit for prior learning and coursework
- Self-paced and fully online
- Six starts per year
School Website: Houston Baptist University
Houston Baptist University
7502 Fondren Rd
Houston, TX 77074
View campus map for Houston Baptist University
Very good walkability. We recommend walking in this area.
Seasonal average temperatures for Houston, TX
- Houston Colleges (80)