In addition to offering personalized educational programs and student services for undergrads, The College of Business and Technology (CBT) in Miami, Florida, provides services to its graduates, and at no extra charge.
The schools at CBT are divided according to discipline and include:
- The School of Business
- The School of Technology
- The School of Allied Health
- The School of Languages
All schools award bachelor’s degrees, associate’s degrees and career certificates.
One advantage of attending CBT is that most classes remain small and students, therefore, get personal attention from instructors. They also get the personal attention of free tutoring, career and other services when not in class.
This personalized service continues after students graduate too. In addition to having access to free career-placement services long after they graduate, graduates may also return to take a free refresher course in their area of study.
Those interested in applying will first need to interview with a CBT admissions representative, after which they’ll need to fill out an application and present proof of a high school diploma or GED and evidence of citizenship or eligible national status.
At the end of the application process, CBT counselors will also guide those who require financial aid through the financial aid application process.
Federal grants and loans are available to those who have demonstrated a financial need and are in good status with the Department of Education. Institutional scholarships are also available and are based on academic merit. In order to continue receiving any type of financial aid, students must remain in good academic standing.
CBT College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Diplomas, Associate of Science and Bachelor of Science degrees. ACICS is located at:
Accredited by Accredited Council of Independent Colleges & Schools (ACICS)
750 First Street, NE, Suite 980
Washington, D.C. 20002-4241
Phone: (202) 336-6780
Web site: www.acics.org
- College of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award bachelor, academic associate degrees and diplomas. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- College of Business & Technology is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education, 325 Gaines Street, Suite 1414, Tallahassee Florida 32399, (850) 245-3200, www.fldoe.org/cie
- In accordance with appropriate regulations, College of Business & Technology is approved for Veterans Training by the State of Florida, Department of Veteran Affairs, St. Petersburg Florida 33731, (727) 319-7402. www.floridavets.org.
- College of Business & Technology, Cutler Bay location, is accredited for the Health Information Management Program by the Commission on Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- College of Business & Technology is authorized under the United States Federal Law, Immigration and Nationality Act, § (101)(a)(15) (F or M) to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
CBT offers Financial Aid for those that qualify as well as, Grants, Scholarships, Work-Study programs, and loans (subsidized and unsubsidized) to help our students cover the cost of tuition and focus entirely on their education and training.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at http://www.cbt.edu/academics/disclosure.
School Website: College of Business and Technology, Kendall
College of Business and Technology, Kendall
8765 SW 165 Ave, Suite 114
Miami, FL 33193
Very good walkability. We recommend walking in this area.
Minimal transit. This area doesn't have the greatest public transportation access.