|Setting:||Large Town Setting|
|Size:||Small (Under 2,000 Students)|
|On-Campus Housing Available:||No|
If you’re interested in becoming a salon stylist or cosmetology instructor, then look no further than the Cameo Beauty Academy in Oak Lawn, Illinois. Upon graduation, no matter which program you choose, you’ll be prepared to take the Illinois State Board of Cosmetology Licensing Examination.
The academy is a member of the Scientific Educational Systems Program, created by Redken Laboratories.
The cosmetology course requires students to complete 1,500 hours of training through a combination of theoretical and practical instruction. Students will receive professional experience under the guidance of licensed instructors in the school’s clinic.
This program is broken up into seven areas:
- Basic training in sanitation, chemical usage, shampooing, anatomy and physiology, and more
- Practical chemical application and hair treatments for hair coloring, texturizing and more
- Hair styling and hairdressing techniques
- Salon management, sanitation, and interpersonal relations
- Esthetics (skin care, makeup, and waxing)
- Nail technology
- Related electives
The cosmetology instructor program is a 1,000-hour program with six components designed to develop the teaching skills, theoretical knowledge, and professional aspects of the cosmetology world.
Financial aid is available through the FAFSA only. Eligible students may receive Pell grants or loans. Cameo Beauty Academy also provides an interest-free payment plan to help students pay for tuition over time.
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
- Illinois State Board of Cosmetology
- National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences
- American Association of Cosmetology Schools
- Chicago Cosmetology Association
- Cosmetology Educators of America
- Illinois Association of Cosmetology Schools
- Illinois Cosmetology Association
- National Cosmetology Association
Cameo Beauty Academy
9714 S Cicero
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
View campus map for Cameo Beauty Academy
Excellent walkability. You do not need a car for this area.
Seasonal average temperatures for Oak Lawn, IL
- Latino: 11%
- African American: 32%
- Caucasian: 57%
- Chicago Colleges (94)
This web site and associated pages are not associated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by Cameo Beauty Academy. CampusExplorer.com has no official or unofficial affiliation with Cameo Beauty Academy.