|Setting:||Large City Setting|
|Size:||Very Large (+10,000 Undergrad)|
|On-Campus Housing Available:||No|
|Parking Permit Required:||Yes|
Long Beach City College is an excellent choice for those who want to earn their associate’s degree or occupational certificate in sunny Southern California. With seven schools throughout the Long Beach campus offering multiple areas of study and training, you can explore and select from a variety of programs that may suit your interests.
The following lists the LBCC schools of study and programs:
School of Business and Social Science
• Includes courses in Sociology, Marketing, Real Estate, Culinary Arts, Accounting, Business Law, Psychology and more
School of Creative Arts and Applied Sciences
• Includes courses in Art and Photography, Child Development, Interior Design, Food and Nutrition, Speech Communication, Theatre, Dance and Film, and more
School of Health and Science
• Includes courses in Life and Physical Sciences, Math and Engineering, Registered Nursing, and Health Technologies
School of Language Arts
• Includes courses in English, ESL, foreign languages, and Reading
School of Learning Resources, Teaching and Training
• Includes courses in Distance Learning, Library Sciences, Learning and Academic Resources, Media Production Services, and more
School of Physical Education and Athletics
• Offers women’s and men’s classes in General Physical Education, Golf, Cross-Country Swimming, Basketball, Track & Field, Volleyball, Tennis, and Water Polo.
For your convenience, Long Beach City College offers online academic counseling for questions regarding transcripts, transfers, course credit, etc.
While LBCC provides quality academics as well as an active and diverse student life for its students, the college also serves the local community with its workforce preparation backed by a dedicated faculty. With personal and professional enrichment programs, LBCC offers transferable credits to four-year universities.
With endless opportunities to expand your education and built your skill-set, join the Long Beach City College family and take advantage of its many accessible resources.
43% of students gave Long Beach City College 4 stars overall.
Long Beach City College's overall appearance is open and welcoming. The Computer Department purchased new touch screen computers which offer the best in technology. The writing center was also a very important resource for me and assisted me primarily with reviewing essays. I was having difficulty in selecting my major and I met with a guidance counselor that went above and beyond in assisting me in my selection process. She suggested that I take an online personality test at home and then come back and discuss my options. I would recommend that students utilize the counseling services every semester to stay on the right academic path.
Overall I really enjoy coming to this school. I did not know what to expect before I chose this school but I am glad I made the choice. The campus is really nice and is only improving. I feel that coming to this school has helped me prepare better for my future and for that I am thankful.
Long Beach City College
4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach, CA 90808
View campus map for Long Beach City College
Good walkability. We think you’ll enjoy walking in this area.
Seasonal average temperatures for Long Beach, CA
- Latino: 43%
- African American: 15%
- Caucasian: 21%
- American Indian or Alaska native: 1%
- Asian: 14%
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander: 1%
- Unknown and Other: 5%
|American Indian or Alaska native||1%|
|Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander||1%|
|Unknown and Other||5%|
This web site and associated pages are not associated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by Long Beach City College (LBCC). CampusExplorer.com has no official or unofficial affiliation with Long Beach City College (LBCC).