The University of Wisconsin-Superior is nationally recognized as a public liberal arts institution that fosters intellectual growth and career preparation with an emphasis on individual attention, inclusion and community engagement for more than 2,600 students. UW-Superior offers more than 60 programs, including select graduate programs, and research and scholarship programs that support the community and region.
Top reasons to enroll:
- Affordable with small class sizes, flexible scheduling and individualized instruction
- Committed and experienced faculty
- Complete coursework 100% online
- Prepare for State of Wisconsin licensure in most cases
- No GRE required for admission
Earn your Master of Science in Education online
Now that you've developed a passion for teaching, you're ready to take the next step in your career. The MSE program at UW-Superior can provide valuable licensure training and lead to advancement opportunities.
The MSE in Educational Administration can be tailored to any of three tracks - PK-12 Principalship, PK-12 Director of Instruction, and Director of Special Education and Pupil Services. All professors are experienced administrators, and this program meets the requirements for licensure through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
The MSE in Instruction is adaptable and flexible to fit your student education goals. There is no practicum or internship required, and since it is not a licensure track, electives comprise half of the program.
UW-Superior is the only UW system school offering an online graduate teaching degree in Special Education. The MSE in Special Education features instructors with extensive experience as K-12 special educators, and it prepares graduates for Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction licensure tests.
As a graduate of this program, you will gain:
- Preparation for Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction licensure, where applicable
- Expertise in leading professional learning communities
- A comprehensive understanding of evidence-based best practices in teaching and learning
- Confidence and skills to help students with unique learning needs become as independent and accomplished as possible
- A broader knowledge of the total school community
Program Accreditations and Accolades
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Educator preparation programs approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Named Best Online Education Program in the State of Wisconsin by AffordableColleges.com
- Ranked among the Top Regional Universities in the Midwest by U.S. News and World Report
GPA - Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution including an equivalent undergraduate major, with a GPA of at least 2.75 or a GPA of 2.90 in the last half of the undergraduate program.
Professional resume - Plus transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work to date. UW-Superior transcripts are not required.
Please note: Requirements vary by specific degree with regard to teaching experience, licensure, essays and letters of reference. Check each degree plan for details.
By submitting this information form, I give express consent for the University of Wisconsin-Superior to email, text, or call me, including through the use of an automated dialer or prerecorded voice.
School Website: University of Wisconsin, Superior
University of Wisconsin, Superior
Belknap & Catlin
Superior, WI 54880
View campus map for University of Wisconsin, Superior
Very good walkability. We recommend walking in this area.
Seasonal average temperatures for Superior, WI