About Alliant International University
Educating leaders who serve for nearly a century
Alliant International University is a private educational institution created in 2001 through the merger of two legacy institutions, the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) and United States International University (USIU).
These heritage-rich institutions both pioneered new models of higher education. CSPP was one of the first independent colleges of psychology in the United States and has trained nearly half of the practicing psychologists in California. USIU pioneered secular education in East Africa when Kenyan President Mzee Jomo Kenyatta chartered USIU Kenya as the first and only secular university in the region. Finally, San Francisco Law School was the first evening law program in the Western United States, and was one of the first schools to actively recruit women and minorities as law students.
This innovative, inclusive spirit continues at Alliant. We offer you:
- Superior Professional Preparation: Alliant’s degree programs feature rigorous curriculum taught by exceptional faculty. To help you put theory into practice, our programs all include experiential learning, such as internships, service learning, and practicum experiences.
- World-Class Faculty: The professors and faculty members who teach your courses and mentor you as you progress through your degree program are leading professionals and thought leaders in their fields. In addition to their real-world experience, our faculty hold fellowships with major professional and academic associations, edit major industry journals, and actively engage in research and publication.
- A Genuinely International Presence: Based in California, Alliant International University was one of the first American universities to establish permanent overseas campuses. We currently have active programs in Hong Kong and Tokyo and a branch campus in Mexico City where you can enhance your education through international experience while contributing to solutions for community challenges abroad.
- Multiculturalism and Diversity for a Global Age: Today’s world is globalized. Alliant actively nurtures a learning community that reflects that globalized nature and gives a voice to diverse points of view to help our students prepare for this world. Diverse: Issues in Higher Education named us a 2013 Top Producer of Graduate Degrees for Minorities in twenty categories.
- A Larger Purpose: We develop leaders who serve. Our students contribute more than one million hours of community service annually, and go on to make a tremendous impact in their communities as professionals after graduation.
- A Tradition of Excellence: Past alumni include former California Governor Edmund “Pat” Brown; former U.S. Representative Dr. Judy Chu, the first Asian-American woman elected to Congress; Mizan Zainal Abidin, the King of Malaysia, and many more.
Are you ready to join them? You too can help improve lives through your career. Contact Alliant International University today to learn more about our programs in business, education, forensics, law, and psychology.
Schedule a telephone interview with an AIU admissions advisor
If you’re ready to learn more about how an education with Alliant International University can help you achieve your personal goals, we’re ready to help. You can schedule a telephone appointment with one of our admissions advisors today.
During this 15-minute introductory talk, you can discuss:
- Our schools, programs, and locations
- The admissions process, including application requirements
- Financial aid
- International study opportunities
- Support for military students
Simply fill out the form on this page today and choose a time that works for you. We’ll be in touch via e-mail to confirm your appointment right away. Or, you can contact us now with specific questions.
Alliant is a private, nonprofit university accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). We are an equal opportunity employer and educator.
School Website: Alliant International University, San Diego
Alliant International University, San Diego
10455 Pomerado Road
San Diego, CA 92131
View campus map for Alliant International University, San Diego
Very good walkability. We recommend walking in this area.
Minimal transit. This area doesn't have the greatest public transportation access.
Seasonal average temperatures for San Diego, CA
- San Diego Colleges (47)