Campus Explorer is a rapidly growing internet start-up located in Santa Monica, CA, (map) that is dedicated to building the web's premier college search and resource site. CampusExplorer.com offers students a suite of interactive, personalized services that enable them to be more organized and informed during their college searches. With our rapid growth, Campus Explorer is looking for talented and experienced people who want to be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment; are passionate about their work; and want to see their contributions impact the business on a daily basis.
We currently have the following position(s) available:
Customer Support Agent Part-Time Positions
Find a work schedule that fits you! Campus Explorer is looking for individuals interested in working 30 hours a week from our Santa Monica office. Our call center is open 7 days a week from 6am to 9pm and we are hiring for all shifts. You will be responsible for placing outbound calls to prospective college students, discussing their career plans and suggesting colleges that suit their needs.
- Respond to student requests by placing outbound verification calls (100-150+ calls a daily)
- Answer all questions concerning student submission in a professional manner
- Verify, record and/or correct all pertinent student contact information
- Inform student of matching college programs and schools
- Administrative duties as assigned
- No cold calling at all!
- At least 2 years experience in customer service or call center environment
- Available to work 30 hours a week with availability for one weekend day to work
- Intermediate computer skills
- Comfortable using MS Excel and Hot Keys
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proper phone etiquette
- Internet savvy for research purposes
- History of punctuality and good attendance
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Enjoys talking on the phone multiple hours a day
- Meticulous, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Upbeat with a 'can-do' attitude
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF IT:
- Gain valuable references and contacts
- Casual work environment
- Opportunities for growth
- Fun staff and fun employee events
- Great salary and more!
To apply for this position, you MUST:
- Complete this survey.
- Submit resume here. Please use "Customer Support Agent" in the subject line of your email. We will contact you directly should your qualifications meet the position's requirements. No phone calls please. Campus Explorer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation: $13 to $15/ hour DOE