Campus Explorer is a rapidly growing internet start-up located in Santa Monica, CA, (map) that is dedicated to building the web's premier college search and resource site. CampusExplorer.com offers students a suite of interactive, personalized services that enable them to be more organized and informed during their college searches. With our rapid growth, Campus Explorer is looking for talented and experienced people who want to be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment; are passionate about their work; and want to see their contributions impact the business on a daily basis.
Find a work schedule that fits you! Campus Explorer is looking for individuals interested in working at least 29 hours per week from our Santa Monica office. Our call center is open 7 days a week from 6am to 9pm and we are hiring for ALL SHIFTS!! You will be responsible for placing outbound calls to prospective college students, discussing their career plans and suggesting colleges that suit their needs. This is an awesome position and the rewards are GREAT!
We currently have the following position(s) available:
Customer Support Agent Part-Time Positions
This position requires a minimum of 29 hours/week with at least one weekend day available.
Primary Duties Include:
- Respond to student requests by placing outbound calls (150-200+ daily)
- Answer inbound calls from website users
- Answer all questions concerning student submission in a professional manner
- Verify, record and/or correct all pertinent student contact information
- Inform and up-sell students on matching college programs and schools
- Additional administrative duties as assigned including surveys, ad hoc projects, live chat and email
- 2 or more years’ experience in a fast paced Customer Service / Call Center environment
- Available to work 29 hours/week (available to work at least one weekend day required)
- Extremely professional demeanor
- Sales or lead generation experience a big plus!
- Bilingual Spanish/English a big plus!
- Intermediate computer skills
- Comfortable using MS Excel and Hot Keys
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proper phone etiquette
- Internet savvy for research purposes
- History of punctuality and good attendance
- Multi-tasking abilities including working in an ever changing environment
- Enjoys talking on the Phone Multiple Hours a Day
- Meticulous, Detail Oriented and Self-Motivated
- Upbeat and 'Can-Do' attitude
What You Will Get Out Of It:
- Gain valuable references and contacts
- Casual work environment
- Awesome opportunities for growth
- Fun staff and fun employee events
- Great salary and more!!!
To apply for this position, you MUST:
- Complete this survey.
- Submit resume here. Please use "Customer Support Agent" in the subject line of your email. We will contact you directly should your qualifications meet the position's requirements. No phone calls please. Campus Explorer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation: $11 to $15/ hour DOE