Campus Explorer is a rapidly growing internet start-up located in Santa Monica, CA, (map) that is dedicated to building the web's premier college search and resource site. CampusExplorer.com offers students a suite of interactive, personalized services that enable them to be more organized and informed during their college searches. With our rapid growth, Campus Explorer is looking for talented and experienced people who want to be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment; are passionate about their work; and want to see their contributions impact the business on a daily basis.
We currently have the following positions available:
Sr. Email and Lifecycle Marketing Manager
CampusExplorer.com is a rapidly growing internet start-up located in Santa Monica, CA that is dedicated to building the web’s premier college search and resource site, offering students a suite of interactive, personalized services that enable them to be more organized and informed in their college search. We are looking for a talented email and lifecycle marketing manager who has a passion for database marketing, data mining, email marketing and developing CRM lifecycle programs that are interesting, engaging, but ultimately empowers our consumers to make better, more informed decisions regarding their future. Key responsibilities include: developing, managing, executing and analyzing a comprehensive lifecycle marketing program to our 2MM+ members and establishing the metrics and benchmarks to measure success.
- Support Campus Explorer’s direct-to-consumer strategy by developing and executing targeted email campaigns and CRM lifecycle programs that are aligned with the overall consumer product strategy.
- Develop, manage and report on consumer website programs and promotional campaigns to increase capture of opt-in registrations. Including (but not limited to): scholarship promotions, contests and giveaways.
- Support a strategic customer email contact strategy that is focused on key customer segments and designed to enhance customer lifetime value and encourage retention.
- Manage the entire email process including: design, coding, lists, development, ESPs, and QA for all email marketing communications.
- Utilize aggressive A/B testing and regular optimization to maximize campaign performance and improve email key performance indicators and isolated campaign-driver effectiveness.
- Develop routine reporting to ensure leadership team and cross-functional teams are up to date on email channel and lifecycle marketing program performance.
- 5 years of marketing experience including 3+ years in email marketing and demonstrated success in managing successful, high performing marketing programs for a consumer-centric brand
- Expert analytical skills and ability to use data to build marketing plans (at least 3 yrs. in a report-driven marketing environment).
- In-depth understanding of email and database marketing infrastructures & technologies.
- Experience leading the development, testing and implementation of automated- and event-triggered email programs.
- Expertise in email best practices including contact strategies, design, A/B testing, delivery and deliverability issues, customer segmentation, and analytics/performance management.
- Ensure utilization of best practices and compliance around permission-based marketing, privacy, spam regulation (CAN/SPAM) and deliverability.
- Experience executing campaigns where email is often one component of a multi-pronged marketing strategy that crosses teams and organizations.
- Unique balance of disciplined strategic thinking, creative passion, and a willingness to be hands-on, while being able to stay “above the fray” to ensure goals are being hit.
- Excellent teamwork skills, communication skills and service orientation and be able to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical people.
Please submit your cover letter & resume to email@example.com. Applications must include salary requirements in order to be considered. Please use “Sr. Email and Lifecycle Marketing Manager” in the subject line of your email. We will contact you directly should your qualifications meet the position’s requirements. No phone calls please. Campus Explorer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Customer Support Agent Part-Time Positions
Find a work schedule that fits you! Campus Explorer is looking for individuals interested in working 30 hours a week from our Santa Monica office. Our call center is open 7 days a week from 6am to 9pm and we are hiring for all shifts. You will be responsible for placing outbound calls to prospective college students, discussing their career plans and suggesting colleges that suit their needs.
- Respond to student requests by placing outbound verification calls (100-150+ calls a daily)
- Answer all questions concerning student submission in a professional manner
- Verify, record and/or correct all pertinent student contact information
- Inform student of matching college programs and schools
- Administrative duties as assigned
- No cold calling at all!
- At least 2 years experience in customer service or call center environment
- Available to work 30 hours a week with availability for one weekend day to work
- Intermediate computer skills
- Comfortable using MS Excel and Hot Keys
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proper phone etiquette
- Internet savvy for research purposes
- History of punctuality and good attendance
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Enjoys talking on the phone multiple hours a day
- Meticulous, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Upbeat with a 'can-do' attitude
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF IT:
- Gain valuable references and contacts
- Casual work environment
- Opportunities for growth
- Fun staff and fun employee events
- Great salary and more!
To apply for this position, you MUST:
- Complete this survey.
- Submit resume here. Please use "Customer Support Agent" in the subject line of your email. We will contact you directly should your qualifications meet the position's requirements. No phone calls please. Campus Explorer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation: $13 to $15/ hour DOE