College Planning in High School
Getting Started with Your College Planning
Tools & Services
The Basics of College Planning
Are you wondering where to start with your college planning and what college resources are available to you? Find out here as we cover the basics of college planning for high school students.
- College Planning: When Should I Start?
- Get a Jump Start: Prepare for College Before High School
- Building a Strong High School 4-Year Plan
- 10 Differences Between High School and College
- What College Resources Do You Need?
- College Resources on the Web: A Starter Guide
- College Consulting: How Private Consultants Help College Applicants
- My High School Isn't Focused on College Planning
- College Admissions: Do Private Schools Have An Advantage?
- Easy Resolutions for High School Students
For each year of high school, we offer guidance on how to structure your academics and how to plan for college effectively. From freshman through senior year, we've got you covered!
Visit the Freshman Student Center for Step by Step Guides to College Prep
- High School Freshman Timeline and Checklist
- 10 Most Common High School Freshman Mistakes
- Preparing for College: Your Freshman Year Schedule
Visit the Sophomore Student Center for Step by Step Guides to College Prep
- High School Sophomore Timeline and Checklist
- It's Sophomore Year: Is it Time To Worry About College?
- Sophomore Year College Prep Schedule
Visit the Junior Student Center for Step by Step Guides to College Prep
- High School Junior Timeline and Checklist
- Junior Year? Kick College Planning Into High Gear
- Junior Year College Prep Schedule
Visit the Senior Student Center for Step by Step Guides to College Prep
Pressure, Stress and Other Issues
The college admissions and college preparation process can be a stressful time for students and parents. Learn how to handle issues and manage your time effectively.
High School Guidance Counselors and You
Your high school guidance counselor can be integral in helping you successfully transition between high school and college. From planning a challenging high school college prep schedule, to writing letters of recommendation for you, to assisting you with your FAFSA and financial aid, your high school counselor is your partner in preparing for college.
Students with Special Needs and Circumstances
There are many different types of high school students interested in college preparation. We cover some of the unique circumstances that some students face as they get ready for college.
- College Planning Guide for Students with Learning Disabilities
- TOEFL Prep For ELL and ESL Students
- Students With Disabilities
- Deaf and Blind Students
- Homeschooling and College: What Options Are Available?
- First-Generation College Students
- International Students Choose American Colleges for Higher Education
- IEP Students and College: Planning Your Transition
- College Advice For Students With A 504 Plan
See All College Planning in High School Articles