College Classes and Academics
Tools & Services
- College Search
- Enter To Win A $1,000 Scholarship
- Build Your Profile (Get access to free college planning tools!)
Choosing your college classes can be one of the most important decisions you make as a college student. Read on for important information about popular classes, easiest courses, and how to optimize your college schedule.
- College Classes: A New Student’s Guide
- How Should I Pick My Freshman Year Classes?
- Setting Up Your College Class Schedule
- How Are College Classes Structured?
- Getting Into College Classes
- What Does a Typical College Class Schedule Look Like?
- Easiest College Classes
- Hardest College Classes
- What Are College Labs Like?
- College Lecture Etiquette
- What is a Freshman Seminar?
- What Are Pass/Fail Classes?
- The Laptop Debate: Computers in the College Classroom
- Student Engagement at Colleges Is Up, Reports Study
- Renting, Buying, and Selling Your College Textbooks
- Digital and Online Textbooks
By the end of your sophomore year, you will have chosen exactly what you want to study for the rest of your college career. Explore everything you need to know about college majors including how to choose your major, how to declare your major, and the best college majors for your buck.
College Exams, Papers and Studying
How do I write college papers? How do I study for tests and exams? What's the best way to take notes in college? How can technology help me? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this section.
- How to Write College Papers
- High School Exams vs. College Exams
- Cheating on Standardized Tests
- Taking Notes in College
- College Majors with Papers, College Majors with Tests
- College Reading Strategies: Read, Analyze, Remember
- What is a Writing Center?
- College Tutoring
- Technology in College
- 7 Best Study Tips for College Students
- 5 Best Study Tips for Visual Learners
- 4 Best Study Tips for Auditory Learners
- Get Organized: How to Develop Better Study Habits
- 3 Finals in 2 Days: Maximize Study Time
- How to Remember What You Study for Finals
- Foods to Avoid During Finals
- 5 Seated Exercises for Study Breaks
- Finals: Balancing College Exams and Essays
- 3 New Year's Resolutions for College Students
A good relationship with your college professors and teaching assistants can improve your college experience - and maybe even your grades. Learn more about choosing good professors and how to handle grading disputes as we explore the ins and outs of college professors.
Grades and College Requirements
Do you know your college's unique grading policies and graduation requirements? Every school treats grades and requirements slightly differently. If you're interested in finding out more about everything from the Dean's List to the college swimming test to academic probation, read more here.
Cheating and Plagiarism in College
Cheating and plagiarism are some of the most important topics in higher education today. College professors are cracking down and administrations are creating new rules to combat cheating. Find out what you need to know to avoid getting into hot water for cheating and plagiarism here.
College Administration and Facilities
Places like the registrar's office and the college library can go a long way in helping you succeed in college. Not only will administration offices and college facilities help your grades, they can also help you get the classes and the schedules you want. Find out how to take advantage of everything your school offers.
- The College Academic Calendar
- What Is the College Registrar?
- College Transfer Credit Policy
- Getting to Know Your College Library
- The College Library and Academic Resources: What Schools Have to Offer
- What is a College Summer Reading Program?
- College Summer School
See All College Life Articles