College Planning in High School
High School Academics and Activities
High school academics will from the core of your college application, so it's important to focus on them. Learn how to maximize your high school academics for the most impact on your college applications.
- What is a High School Transcript and Why is it Important?
- What is a GPA?
- What is Class Rank?
- Valedictorians: Who Are They and How Are They Chosen?
- Basic High School Graduation Requirements vs. College Preparation
- AP Classes: An Introduction
- What’s an International Baccalaureate?
- AP Classes That Count as College Credit
- Taking College-Level Classes Outside Your High School
- Taking Vocational Courses in High School
- High School Preparation for Specific College Majors
- Top 10 Study Skills for High School Students
- Tutoring: How It Can Help You Get Into College
- Academic Awards for High School Students
- How to Write a High School Brag Sheet
- How to Write a Thank You Note
- How Does Modern Technology Affect College Readiness?
Sports and Student Activities
Your entire high school career isn't spent in the classroom. Learn about how sports and extracurricular activities can contribute to your college admissions chances.
- Extracurricular Activities and College Admissions
- The NCAA Clearinghouse for Athletes and Performers
- Sports and College Admissions
- Student Government and College Admission
- Music and Drama: How They Fit Into College Applications
- Hobbies, High School Clubs and Your College Applications
- Student Newspaper and Media Activities: How They Help Your College Applications
- Best Baseball Camps at Colleges
- Best Men's Basketball Camps at Colleges
- Best Football Camps at Colleges
- 4 Leadership Conferences Hosted by Colleges
- Why Every Student Should Do Extracurricular Activities
- Extracurricular Activities for Freshmen
- Extracurricular Activities for Sophomores
- Extracurricular Activities for Natural Leaders
- Extracurricular Activities for Team Players
Summers, Jobs and Volunteer Work
What you do outside of school can make a big impression on college admissions officers. Learn how to structure your summer, work and volunteer activities to maximize their benefits to your college apps.
- Summer Vacations and College Admissions
- Jobs and Internships: What's On Your Resume?
- Volunteering, Community Service and College Admissions
- Learn About Careers: Job Shadow Programs
- 7 Volunteer Organizations for Teens
- Volunteer Work: Why You Should Lend a Hand
See All College Planning in High School Articles