How to Pay for College
College Financial Aid: The Basics of Student Aid and FAFSA
Tools & Services
Financial Aid Basics
If you're just getting started with the financial aid process, you'll want an overview of the basics of student aid. Learn how to approach the financial aid process and what to watch out for here.
- You're In! How Are You Going to Pay for College?
- Paying for College: The Basics
- Figure Out What College Will Really Cost You
- What's Included in the Cost of Attendance (COA)?
- Financial Aid Timeline: Junior Year
- Financial Aid Timeline: Senior Year
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Paying for College
- Top 5 Mistakes Students Make with Financial Aid
- How Parents Can Help with Financial Aid
- How to Handle the Rising Costs of a College Education
- What is Work Study?
- Can International Students Get Financial Aid for US Universities?
- How Much Does Art School Cost?
- Can You Get Financial Aid for Art School?
- How Much Does Culinary School Cost?
- How Much Does Theatre School Cost?
- Colleges With the Most Students on Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Q&A for Summer Classes
- California Financial Aid Requirements From A to Z
FAFSA and Applying For Aid
When you're ready to apply for financial aid, you'll need to master the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Learn how to fill out your FAFSA and work with the results.
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- How to Complete Your FAFSA
- 5 Helpful FAFSA Tips
- Changes to the FAFSA Form Make It Easier to Complete
- What is Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)?
- Understanding Student Aid: Federal, State and College Aid
- Are You Eligible for Federal Financial Aid?
- What to Do When You Receive a Student Aid Report (SAR)
- What Is the PROFILE Form?
Financial Aid Packages
What is a financial aid package? How do you determine which package is the best? Where is your aid coming from? Learn how to evaluate financial aid packages and make the big financial decisions about your education.
- What's a Financial Aid Package?
- How to Compare Financial Aid Packages
- Award Letter Basics
- How to Appeal a Financial Aid Award Letter
- Questions to Ask Schools' Financial Aid Offices
- Need-Based vs Merit-Based Financial Aid
- Need Blind vs. Need Aware Admissions Policies
- Student Assistance Programs for Special Needs
- Financial Aid for International Students
- College Provided Financial Aid Programs
- Service Awards for Education: The Basics
- Negotiating Your College Tuition
State-Based Financial Aid
Check out our full directory of state-based financial aid resources. We've got information on financial aid programs in all 50 states including California, Texas, New York and Florida. Learn about unique programs offered by your state to help you pay for college.
See All How to Pay for College Articles