Make your job search easy by using this sample resume as a guide.
The best sample resume is an easy reference guide for creating your own. Remember that if you don’t have a lot of experience, just be honest and focus on your positive qualities. As you can see, this sample resume doesn’t list a lot of experience, but looks very professional and doesn’t appear overly short.
Keep in mind that objective statements are great for new job seekers, but are most effective when tailored for the job you hope to get. In the sample resume below, the candidate is using his limited experience in the hospitality industry and specific objective statement to get a job as a manager at a restaurant. Change your objective to fit the job you want to get and add or leave out skills depending on their relevance to your job at hand.
Keep in mind that objective statements are great for new job seekers, but are most effective when tailored for the job you hope to get.
Adjust the formatting of your resume to fit your personality, but remember that simpler is always better.
2016 Sample Resume:
To use my excellent interpersonal skills, knowledge of conflict resolution and dedication to customer service to improve the quality of experience for patrons at The New Restaurant Company.
Best Restaurant Foods
March 2011 – February 2012
- Organized and supervised front of house duties in high-volume, casual restaurant.
- Utilized MICROS POS software experience.
- Transitioned from server to closing leader; a promotion that required increased responsibilities and management skills.
University of California - Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts, English, 3.9 GPA
Summa Cum Laude, Dean’s List
- Spanish Language, American Red Cross Certified: CPR/AED, First Aid.
- Food & Wine Knowledge with emphasis on Italian cuisine, Barista experience.
- Proficient at Photoshop, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Illustrator. Mac and PC fluent.
Visit Our Student Center
Get on track!
Visit our Student Center
And find out everything you need to know about planning for college.