The most popular online degree programs typically lead to a variety of careers. For example, a degree in business administration can be used to become a financial analyst, marketing manager or many other occupations. Versatility is becoming the norm in today’s competitive job market. The more skills that you have coming into the market, the more of an edge you will have at securing a job.
Most of the popular online degrees are in job sectors that are experiencing growth over the next decade. This is because a major compatible with these sectors can almost guarantee you a job after graduation. If you are struggling to decide on an online degree program, take a look at this list of top online degree programs and see the degrees that other people in your situation are pursuing.
Top 10 Online Degree Programs
- Business Administration is the most sought after online degree and prepares individuals for any type of management position. It is common for those who seek this online degree to double-major. For example, a student may choose to get their online bachelors of business administration (BA) with a focus in finance. One may pursue an online associate degree in business administration, online BA, or online masters degree in business administration (MBA). Those who are interested in learning the most basic business concepts and practices may receive an online business administration certificate
- Engineering online degree majors apply mathematical functions and equations to solve real-world problems. There are 17 main divisions of engineering, and they hold 1.2 million jobs in the country. As long as America continues its drive toward having cutting edge technology, engineers will be in demand. An online masters degree in engineering is the most popular degree route, however some may find entry-level position with an online bachelors degree in engineering.
- Computer Science is an online degree that will remain in demand as long as the digital revolution continues. Those who choose an online computer science degree program study the design and user interfaces of computer systems, including programming, development and computer hardware design.
- Nursing is a booming field in health and medical services, and is growing faster than any other healthcare sector. Generally, a nurse will attain an online bachelors degree in nursing (BSN) or an online masters degree in nursing (MSN). Few people choose to complete an online associates degree in nursing.
- Education majors learn how to properly and efficiently run a classroom and how to educate students of all ages. Usually, online students pursue a bachelors degree in education to obtain an entry-level teaching position. Those who are interested in administrative or counseling jobs should continue on to earn their online masters degree in education.
- Criminal Justice online majors are preparing for a career for upholding local, State and Federal law. The degree level that you apply for depends on what career you are looking to pursue. An online associates degree in criminal justice is sufficient for most entry-level positions, however those who are interested in advancing to higher-paying positions in the future should seek an online bachelors degree in criminal justice. Some aspiring lawyers choose to earn an online degree in criminal justice before attending law school.
- Accounting is the perfect job for people who love to crunch numbers. Virtually every business is in need of an accountant, and thus this is a popular major for those interested in business. Most top paying accounting positions are held by those who have received their online bachelors degree in accounting or online masters degree in accounting, and are a certified public accountant (CPA). However, some who want a fast track to their new career choose to pursue an online certificate in accounting or associates degree in accounting.
- Psychology majors study the human and animal mind and how it effects behavior. To work in a practice, psychologists must pursue an online masters degree in psychology or earn a Ph.D. Those who are interested in psychology, but want to get their careers started as soon as possible can obtain a bachelors degree in psychology online to obtain a job as a psychologist’s assistant.
- Graphic Design is concerned with creating computer based images for a variety of functions including websites, computer software programs and films. Highly creative individuals with a technical background thrive in this position. Most entry-level positions require an online bachelors degree in graphic design, however an online certificate or online associates degree will lead to a position as an assistant graphic designer.
- Healthcare Administration degree majors are interested in working in the business side of healthcare. Health administrators are responsible for maintain the flow of their office, sometimes by organizing medical records or completing insurance claims. Those looking for a career as a medical receptionist or related position only have to complete an online certificate or online associates degree in healthcare administration. However, more job opportunities and a higher salary are reserved for those who attain an online bachelors degree or masters degree in healthcare administration.
People Who Read This Article Also Read:
Why Online Schools?
How to Choose the Best Online School
Top 10 Online Degree Myths
What to Expect From an Online School or Distance Learning Program
Different Types of Distance Learning
What Materials and Equipment Do You Need For Online School?
Ten Things to Consider When Choosing an Online School
Pros and Cons of Online School