College Sports and Outdoor Recreation
Major NCAA Sports
Nearly every large college in the country has students who compete in NCAA sports. Whether you want to learn about the most common sports like football, and basketball, or you'd rather find out where your favorite athletes went to college, find out here.
- Division I Sports Conferences
- How is the NCAA Structured?
- Why Some College Coaches Restrict Twitter Use
- Small College Sports Powerhouses
- The Worst College Sports Teams
- Where Did American Olympic Athletes Go to College?
- Where Did Pro Baseball Players go to College?
- Major League Baseball Players Finish Their Degrees
- Where did your Favorite NFL Players go to College?
- NFL Players Head Back to College
- Where did your Favorite NBA Players go to College?
- NBA Players Going Back to College
- Where Did American World Cup Stars Go to College?
- Playing Soccer in College: Intramural, Club, and NCAA Soccer
- College Volleyball: From Intramurals to NCAA Champions
- How to Play Sports in College
Minor NCAA Sports, Club Sports, and Intramurals
Not every college athlete is a division I football star. Learn all about the other sports on campus, from intramurals to college fencing.
- Intramurals on Campus
- Club Sports in College
- The Weirdest College Sports
- Best Colleges for Field Hockey: From Intramurals to the NCAA
- College Tennis
- College Softball Powerhouses
- The Best Schools for Men's College Rugby
- College Bowling
- College Water Polo: The Best Schools for Men’s and Women’s Water Polo
- College Wrestling: The Best Schools for all Levels of Collegiate Wrestling
- College Fencing: From Medieval Duel to NCAA Sport
- College Cross Country: The Best Schools for a Long Run
- College Crew: The Country’s Best Schools for Rowing
College Fans and Venues
It's not just athletes who enjoy college sports. Learn more about the largest college sports venues, the top 10 weirdest mascots, crazy college traditions and more. Find out where you can show your school spirit and and what you can expect when you step foot on campus.
Alternative Sports and Outdoor Activities
For every basketball and baseball player on campus, there's a skateboarder, surfer, mountain biker, skier, fisherman or other athlete or outdoors-person. Learn more about the great opportunities for outdoor fun and adventure on campus.
- Skateboarding in College: The Best Schools to Ride a Rail
- Best Surf Colleges
- Best Colleges for Hiking
- Best Colleges for Mountain Biking
- Fishing in College: Clubs for Anglers
- Best Colleges for Hunting and Riflery
- Best Colleges for Skiing and Snowboarding
- Colleges With the Worst Weather
- Colleges With the Best Weather
- 9 Healthiest Colleges to Get Fit
See All College Life Articles